To see our current constitution, click here.
Proposition to add a subsection (3.9) in the Board section (3) of the People’s Potato constitution detailing the terms of the Board legal responsibility and indemnity.
The proposed new subsection (3.9) would state that:
- No People’s Potato Board members is personally responsible for the organization’s debt or liability.
- When Board members act on behalf of the People’s Potato and a legal or administrative action results in costs or expenses , the People’s Potato will not require Board members or other authorized persons to pay any penalties, liabilities, cost or expenses, if the authorized persons:
- had reasons to believe their actions were lawful (in case of criminal or administrative action enforced by a monetary penalty) and,
- immediately notified the organization of any action or proceeding and,
- collaborated with the organization in its defense in a manner that was reasonable in the circumstances.